Overview of Factor VII Mutation
What is Factor VII Mutation?
Preparation for Factor VII Mutation
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Factor VII Mutation?
The common symptoms for Factor VII Mutation are:
• Bleeding of the gum
• Bleeding into joint spaces
• Easy bruising
• Excessive or prolonged bleeding
• Blood in the urine
What Results of Factor VII Mutation mean?
Test results are based on your family medical history of bleeding problems. Test results include:
• factor VII assay to measure how much factor VII you have
• inhibitor tests in order to determine whether your immune system is attacking your clotting factors or not
• factor assays to identify poorly performing factors