Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glucose Challenge Test
The glucose challenge test is done during pregnancy to screen for gestational diabetes i.e. diabetes that develops during pregnancy. It is usually done during 24 to 28 weeks of pregnancy but it can be done earlier if the women is at high risk of developing diabetes during pregnancy due to obesity, family history of diabetes or other factors. A blood sugar level below 140 mg/dl is considered normal while a level above 140 mg/dl is considered high and usually indicates gestational diabetes. Your should ideally get a may a glucose tolerance test after a positive GCT to confirm the diagnosis.
Why Get Tested
- During 24 to 28 weeks of pregnancy to screen for gestational diabetes
- It can be ordered earlier if you are at high risk of developing diabetes during pregnancy due to obesity, family history of diabetes etc
- No special preparation required
What Results of Glucose Challenge Test mean?
- A blood sugar level below 140 mg/dl is considered normal
- A blood sugar above 140 mg/dl is considered high and usually indicates gestational diabetes
- If the results of your glucose challenge test indicate the possibility of gestational diabetes, your doctor will order a glucose tolerance test to confirm the diagnosis
For over a hundred years, human pathology has been one of the keystones of medicine and rightly so at SRL, we offer our patients world-class Pathology services because their well-being is of the utmost importance to us. Pathology is quite simply the scientific study of the overall response of your body to any foreign influence, i.e., disease. Actually, we use this knowledge to diagnose & subsequently treat your ailment. What we basically do is carefully compare the normal structure and function of a human body (anatomy and physiology) to the abnormal structure and function we witness in an unwell human. Doing this is the most crucial phase & we take note of even the minutest details while adjudging the extent of your ailment because one slip can lead to an incorrect diagnosis, posing serious threat to your health. Our experts ensure that they are extremely careful while analyzing the samples. This is where our advanced technology chips in. SRL is proud to host state-of-the-art equipments based on the latest technology for a speedy and accurate result. We do not take any chances whatsoever with your health & well-being. Avail our Pathology services with no hesitation. You are always in good hands with SRL.