Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Chloride
The blood chloride test is usually ordered as part of basic metabolic panel, which is ordered frequently as part of a routine physical. It may be ordered when acidosis or alkalosis is suspected or you have an acute condition with symptoms that may include the following like prolonged vomiting and/or diarrhea, weakness, fatigue, respiratory distress. It can also be ordered if you are taking a medicine that can cause electrolyte imbalance. Metabolic panel is ordered to monitor certain problems including high blood pressure, heart failure, or kidney disease.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of basic metabolic panel or an electrolyte panel
- In cases of suspected acidosis or alkalosis
- If you have an acute condition with symptoms like weakness, fatigue, prolonged vomiting, difficolty in breathing
- To monitor certain problems like high blood pressure, heart failure, liver or kidney disease
- No special preparation required
What Results of Chloride mean?
- Increased level of blood chloride may be seen in dehydration but can also occur with other problems that cause high sodium like Cushing's syndrome or kidney disease
- Decreased level of blood chloride may be seen with conditions causing low sodium levels like congestive heart failure, prolonged vomiting, emphysema, lung diseases
For over a hundred years, human pathology has been one of the keystones of medicine and rightly so at SRL, we offer our patients world-class Pathology services because their well-being is of the utmost importance to us. Pathology is quite simply the scientific study of the overall response of your body to any foreign influence, i.e., disease. Actually, we use this knowledge to diagnose & subsequently treat your ailment. What we basically do is carefully compare the normal structure and function of a human body (anatomy and physiology) to the abnormal structure and function we witness in an unwell human. Doing this is the most crucial phase & we take note of even the minutest details while adjudging the extent of your ailment because one slip can lead to an incorrect diagnosis, posing serious threat to your health. Our experts ensure that they are extremely careful while analyzing the samples. This is where our advanced technology chips in. SRL is proud to host state-of-the-art equipments based on the latest technology for a speedy and accurate result. We do not take any chances whatsoever with your health & well-being. Avail our Pathology services with no hesitation. You are always in good hands with SRL.