What is MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain) ?
MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx is used to visualise the sacrum (a triangular bone at the end of the spine), coccyx (known as tailbone, located just above the anus) and the surrounding soft tissues like muscles. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create a detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Preparation for MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain)
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI Spine Sacrum and Coccyx (Plain) ?
- To find the cause of lower back pain or coccydynia (pain in the coccyx) that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the sacrum or tailbone
- To diagnose any suspected abnormal growths (tumors like sacrococcygeal chordoma), birth defects, infections, inflammation or degenerative diseases of the sacrococcygeal junction
Pulse Imaging PVT. LTD.
Mira Road (East), MUMBAI
Pulse Hitech Health Services Pvt. Ltd. is specialized in ECG, X-ray & Scan Centers. We address your needs with utmost care and ensure your satisfaction in whatever we do. Give us an opportunity to serve you. We will gift you with a pleasant experience.