What is Natural Killer Cell?
Natural Killer (NK) cells protect a human against various infections. A natural killer cell test involves screening a sample of a person’s blood, isolating the NK cells and then culturing them with different solutions to find out their reaction. Embryonic cancer cells are used in combination with the NK cells to find out if they are attacked by the NK cells.
Why is Natural Killer Cell done?
- To evaluate condition of women with recurrent miscarriage
- To ensure proper treatment for the woman who has had multiple miscarriages
- To measure the number and activation levels of the NK cells
- As an alternative to, or in conjunction with, a traditional endometrial biopsy of the uterus
- To evaluate cases of repeated IVF failure (defined as two or more unsuccessful fresh IVF)
Preparation for Natural Killer Cell
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Natural Killer Cell
The sample type collected for Natural Killer Cell is: Blood
At Metropolis, the best pathology lab in India what we believe is what we say and what we say is what we do. Being empathetic to our customers and being committed to their needs is in our DNA. Metropolis has grown to harness a culture that is open, synergistic, progressive and scientific in nature. We are the Pathology Specialists delivering over 30 million tests a year, catering to more than 20,000 medical Laboratories, Hospitals, Nursing homes and 2,00,000 Consultants. With 37 years of experience in delivering accurate reports, Metropolis has earned the reputation of being amongst the top pathology labs in India.