NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Vitamin Profile
What is Vitamin Profile?
Vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients for human life. Unhealthy eating habits and adulteration of food can lead to depletion of these vital nutrients & limit the ability of our body to fight against infections. This profile is specially designed to test for common vitamin deficiencies especially Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and folic acid.
The sample type collected for Vitamin Profile is: Blood
Preparation for Vitamin Profile
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Vitamin Profile?
- If you have symptoms of vitamin D deficiency like bone malformation in children (rickets), bone weakness or fractures in adolts (osteomalacia)
- If you have risk factors for vitamin D deficiency like old age, limited sun exposure, obesity, you have undergone gastric bypass surgery
- If you have symptoms of anemia like weakness, tiredness, pale skin which might indicate vitamin B12 or folic acid deficiency
- If you have symptoms or signs of nerve problems like numbness, burning in hands, feet, arms,tingling sensation which may be due to vitamin B12 deficiency
What Results of Vitamin Profile mean?
- Low levels of vitamin B12 may be caused by vegetarian diet, improper absorption from intestine, lack of intrinsic factor
- High levels of vitamin B 12 are rare and may be caused by liver disease or myeloproliferative disorder
- Low levels of folic acid may be caused by malnutrition, chronic alcoholism, folic acid deficiency anemia
- Low levels of vitamin D can be due to improper diet, malabsorption, or decreased exposure to sunlight
Tests Included in Vitamin Profile(3 tests)
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B 9
Established in 1995, Lifecare is the country's premier full-service diagnostic center with laboratory, providing expertise in imaging and digital pathology services. Our integrated diagnostic services help doctors personalize patient care to optimally treat disease and maintain health and wellness. We are committed to providing only the highest level of testing quality and service and working with you to provide unique solutions to your most challenging needs. A highly skilled team of medical professionals including physicians, scientists, medical technologists, medical technicians, lab assistants, biologists, chemists, microbiologists, geneticists, and other specialists work collaboratively. The department receives specimens for testing from patients and collection centers and is a reference laboratory for other clinics and hospitals both nationally and internationally. Lifecare's mission is to support the local delivery of laboratory services through the provision of exceptional reference laboratory services and by providing support services that facilitate and augment community integration efforts. We ensure Quality control programs that exceed industry guidelines for every patient sample. Proactive internal quality control team consisting of pathologists and laboratory personnel ensuring consistency and accuracy of specimen processing and diagnosis Our staff recognizes that specimens are patients, not just accession numbers in our lab. They are dedicated to combining the newest technologies, expertise, and quality in every sample they process.