NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Vitamin D (25-OH)
This test is done when you have abnormal calcium, phosphorus or parathyroid hormone; when you have evidence of bone disease; when you have high risk of vitamin D deficiency; prior to starting drug treatment for osteoporosis; and periodically to monitor treatment of vitamin D deficiency.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of vitamin D deficiency like bone malformation in children (rickets), bone weakness or fractures in adolts (osteomalacia)
- If you have an abnormal calcium, phosphorus or parathyroid hormone
- If you have risk factors for vitamin D deficiency like old age, limited sun exposure, obesity
- If you have undergone gastric bypass surgery
- As a part of vitamin profile or routine health check up
- Prior to starting drug treatment for osteoporosis
- No special preparation required
What Results of Vitamin D (25-OH) mean?
- Low level of vitamin D3 can be due to the following causes: if you are not taking a balanced diet, your intestines are not absorbing the vitamin properly, you are not exposed to enough sunlight
- High level may be due to excess supplementation from vitamin pills or other nutritional products
Established in 1995, Lifecare is the country's premier full-service diagnostic center with laboratory, providing expertise in imaging and digital pathology services. Our integrated diagnostic services help doctors personalize patient care to optimally treat disease and maintain health and wellness. We are committed to providing only the highest level of testing quality and service and working with you to provide unique solutions to your most challenging needs. A highly skilled team of medical professionals including physicians, scientists, medical technologists, medical technicians, lab assistants, biologists, chemists, microbiologists, geneticists, and other specialists work collaboratively. The department receives specimens for testing from patients and collection centers and is a reference laboratory for other clinics and hospitals both nationally and internationally. Lifecare's mission is to support the local delivery of laboratory services through the provision of exceptional reference laboratory services and by providing support services that facilitate and augment community integration efforts. We ensure Quality control programs that exceed industry guidelines for every patient sample. Proactive internal quality control team consisting of pathologists and laboratory personnel ensuring consistency and accuracy of specimen processing and diagnosis Our staff recognizes that specimens are patients, not just accession numbers in our lab. They are dedicated to combining the newest technologies, expertise, and quality in every sample they process.