NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Vitamin B 9
When you have an abnormal complete blood count (CBC) with a blood smear showing large red blood cells (macrocytosis) or abnormal (hypersegmented) neutrophils; when you have symptoms of anemia (weakness, tiredness, pale skin) and/or of neuropathy (tingling or itching sensations, eye twitching, memory loss, altered mental status); when you are being treated for vitamin B12 or folate deficiency.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of anemia like weakness, tiredness, pale skin
- If you have an abnormal complete blood count and your blood smear shows large red blood cells or neutrophils with more than 5 lobes
- If you have symptoms or signs of nerve problems like numbness, burning in hands, feet, arms,tingling sensation
- If you are being treated with vitamin B12 or folate therapy
- Folate levels in blood may vary based on your recent diet. Since your red blood cells store 95% of circolating folate, your doctor may order a test to measure the folate level within RBC’s
- No special preparation required
What Results of Vitamin B 9 mean?
Low levels of folate in the blood may indicate:
- Folic acid deficiency anemia
- Malabsorption syndromes
- Chronic alcoholism
Established in 1995, Lifecare is the country's premier full-service diagnostic center with laboratory, providing expertise in imaging and digital pathology services. Our integrated diagnostic services help doctors personalize patient care to optimally treat disease and maintain health and wellness. We are committed to providing only the highest level of testing quality and service and working with you to provide unique solutions to your most challenging needs. A highly skilled team of medical professionals including physicians, scientists, medical technologists, medical technicians, lab assistants, biologists, chemists, microbiologists, geneticists, and other specialists work collaboratively. The department receives specimens for testing from patients and collection centers and is a reference laboratory for other clinics and hospitals both nationally and internationally. Lifecare's mission is to support the local delivery of laboratory services through the provision of exceptional reference laboratory services and by providing support services that facilitate and augment community integration efforts. We ensure Quality control programs that exceed industry guidelines for every patient sample. Proactive internal quality control team consisting of pathologists and laboratory personnel ensuring consistency and accuracy of specimen processing and diagnosis Our staff recognizes that specimens are patients, not just accession numbers in our lab. They are dedicated to combining the newest technologies, expertise, and quality in every sample they process.