NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Triglycerides
As part of a lipid profile during a regular medical exam (at least once every five years for adults; for children, at least once between the ages of 9 and 11 and again between the ages of 17 and 21); more frequently if you have risk factors for heart disease like high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes or if you are being treated for high triglycerides.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of lipid profile along with cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL
- As a part of routine health check up
- If you are already a diagnosed case of heart disease
- If you have risk factors for heart disease like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes mellitus or a family history of heart disease
- Ideally, adolts shoold get this test done for screening purposes once every five years even if they don't have any risk factors
- If you are taking lipid lowering medicines
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of Triglycerides mean?
The triglyceride levels are categorized as:
- Desirable: Less than 150 mg/dL
- Borderline high: 150 to 199 mg/dL
- High: 200 to 499 mg/dL
- Very high: Greater than 500 mg/dL
Established in 1995, Lifecare is the country's premier full-service diagnostic center with laboratory, providing expertise in imaging and digital pathology services. Our integrated diagnostic services help doctors personalize patient care to optimally treat disease and maintain health and wellness. We are committed to providing only the highest level of testing quality and service and working with you to provide unique solutions to your most challenging needs. A highly skilled team of medical professionals including physicians, scientists, medical technologists, medical technicians, lab assistants, biologists, chemists, microbiologists, geneticists, and other specialists work collaboratively. The department receives specimens for testing from patients and collection centers and is a reference laboratory for other clinics and hospitals both nationally and internationally. Lifecare's mission is to support the local delivery of laboratory services through the provision of exceptional reference laboratory services and by providing support services that facilitate and augment community integration efforts. We ensure Quality control programs that exceed industry guidelines for every patient sample. Proactive internal quality control team consisting of pathologists and laboratory personnel ensuring consistency and accuracy of specimen processing and diagnosis Our staff recognizes that specimens are patients, not just accession numbers in our lab. They are dedicated to combining the newest technologies, expertise, and quality in every sample they process.