NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Thyroid Profile Free
This is a panel of tests which are done to diagnose a thyroid disorder. It includes the measurement of your free T3, free T4 and TSH. You should get this test done if you have symptoms of decreased thyroid activity like weight gain, constipation or cold intolerance or symptoms of increased thyroid activity like weight loss, anxiety, palpitations. You should definitely get this test done during infertility work up or during pregnancy.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of low levels of thyroid hormone like weight gain, constipation, cold intolerance, fatigue
- If you have symptoms of high levels of thyroid hormone like weight loss, anxiety, palpitations, difficolty in sleeping
- To monitor treatment if you are already diagnosed with thyroid disease
- Infertility work up
- Newborn screening - Since hypothyroidism has become such a common entity in females these days, that is why many institutes now recommend a mandatory neonatal screening
- No special preparation required
What Results of Thyroid Profile Free mean?
- Low T4 and T3 along with high TSH level indicates hypothyroidism. The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto thyroiditis
- High T4 and T3 along with low TSH indicates hyperthyroidism. The most common cause of hyperthyroidism is Grave’s disease
- Normal thyroxine T4 and T3 along with high TSH usually indicates mild or sub clinical hypothyroidism
- Normal T3 and T4 along with low TSH indicates mild or sub clinical hyperthyroidism
Tests Included in Thyroid Profile Free(3 tests)
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
- Thyroxine - Free
Established in 1995, Lifecare is the country's premier full-service diagnostic center with laboratory, providing expertise in imaging and digital pathology services. Our integrated diagnostic services help doctors personalize patient care to optimally treat disease and maintain health and wellness. We are committed to providing only the highest level of testing quality and service and working with you to provide unique solutions to your most challenging needs. A highly skilled team of medical professionals including physicians, scientists, medical technologists, medical technicians, lab assistants, biologists, chemists, microbiologists, geneticists, and other specialists work collaboratively. The department receives specimens for testing from patients and collection centers and is a reference laboratory for other clinics and hospitals both nationally and internationally. Lifecare's mission is to support the local delivery of laboratory services through the provision of exceptional reference laboratory services and by providing support services that facilitate and augment community integration efforts. We ensure Quality control programs that exceed industry guidelines for every patient sample. Proactive internal quality control team consisting of pathologists and laboratory personnel ensuring consistency and accuracy of specimen processing and diagnosis Our staff recognizes that specimens are patients, not just accession numbers in our lab. They are dedicated to combining the newest technologies, expertise, and quality in every sample they process.