NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Rheumatoid Factor - Quantitative
It is ordered when you have signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis like pain or swelling in the joints and morning stiffness. It is also used to differentiate Rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis like pain or swelling in the joints and morning stiffness
- It is also used to differentiate Rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis
- No special preparation required
What Results of Rheumatoid Factor - Quantitative mean?
- The readings are usually read in conjunction with person’s symptoms and clinical history.
- The presence of significant concentrations of rheumatoid factor usually indicates rheumatoid arthritis. However, positive RF test may be seen in SLE, scleroderma, endocarditis, tuberculosis etc.
- A negative test usually rules out rheumatoid arthritis
Established in 1995, Lifecare is the country's premier full-service diagnostic center with laboratory, providing expertise in imaging and digital pathology services. Our integrated diagnostic services help doctors personalize patient care to optimally treat disease and maintain health and wellness. We are committed to providing only the highest level of testing quality and service and working with you to provide unique solutions to your most challenging needs. A highly skilled team of medical professionals including physicians, scientists, medical technologists, medical technicians, lab assistants, biologists, chemists, microbiologists, geneticists, and other specialists work collaboratively. The department receives specimens for testing from patients and collection centers and is a reference laboratory for other clinics and hospitals both nationally and internationally. Lifecare's mission is to support the local delivery of laboratory services through the provision of exceptional reference laboratory services and by providing support services that facilitate and augment community integration efforts. We ensure Quality control programs that exceed industry guidelines for every patient sample. Proactive internal quality control team consisting of pathologists and laboratory personnel ensuring consistency and accuracy of specimen processing and diagnosis Our staff recognizes that specimens are patients, not just accession numbers in our lab. They are dedicated to combining the newest technologies, expertise, and quality in every sample they process.