Overview of Glucose - Random Blood
What is Glucose - Random Blood?
A random blood sugar test involves drawing blood at any given time, no matter when you last ate. This test is used when you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased, appetite, increased thirst, increased urination or symptoms of low blood glucose like sweating, hunger, anxiety. It can also be used if you are pregnant or you have risk factors for diabetes like smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidemia.
The sample type collected for Glucose - Random Blood is: Blood
Preparation for Glucose - Random Blood
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Glucose - Random Blood?
- As a part of routine preventive health check up
- If you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, blurring of vision
- If you have risk factors for diabetes like high blood pressure, cardiovascolar disease, high cholesterol, obesity or family history of diabetes
- If you are pregnant
- If you are already a diabetic
What Results of Glucose - Random Blood mean?
- The American Diabetic Association and WHO says that if your random blood glucose is greater than equal to 200 mg/dl, you have diabetes
- If the levels is between 140-200mg/dl, you are at increased risk of developing diabetes (Pre diabetic).
General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is a medical technology company and provider of high-end Preventive Screening and Diagnostic tests with a special focus on metabolomics. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is also a Technology Solution Provider to laboratories world-wide offering services based on high end chromatographic instruments. Since its inception about a decade ago, General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has been continually evolving, transforming and thriving in this ever changing field through its innovations, operational efficiency, and creation of breakthrough solutions. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has to its credit the world's most comprehensive genetic metabolic screening test, in addition to several other preventive tests which help address health conditions like diabetes, weight problems, food intolerances, allergies and dysbiosis.