Overview of Glucose - Postprandial Urine
What is Glucose - Postprandial Urine?
This test is usually ordered to assess the presence of diabetes in a patient or for monitoring patients who are on anti diabetic medicines to see the response to treatment.
The sample type collected for Glucose - Postprandial Urine is: Urine
Preparation for Glucose - Postprandial Urine
- Blood sample is to be given 2 hours after the start of the meal.
Why Get Tested for Glucose - Postprandial Urine?
- If you have signs or symptoms of diabetes like excessive thirst, excessive hunger, excessive urine frequency, weight loss
- To monitor the glucose levels in diabetics for assessing kidney damage
- To assess effect of treatment in diabetics
What Results of Glucose - Postprandial Urine mean?
- The presence of glucose in urine is usually suggestive of diabetes
- The absence of glucose in urine usually means no diabetes
General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is a medical technology company and provider of high-end Preventive Screening and Diagnostic tests with a special focus on metabolomics. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is also a Technology Solution Provider to laboratories world-wide offering services based on high end chromatographic instruments. Since its inception about a decade ago, General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has been continually evolving, transforming and thriving in this ever changing field through its innovations, operational efficiency, and creation of breakthrough solutions. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has to its credit the world's most comprehensive genetic metabolic screening test, in addition to several other preventive tests which help address health conditions like diabetes, weight problems, food intolerances, allergies and dysbiosis.