NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Vitamin D (25-OH)
This test is done when you have abnormal calcium, phosphorus or parathyroid hormone; when you have evidence of bone disease; when you have high risk of vitamin D deficiency; prior to starting drug treatment for osteoporosis; and periodically to monitor treatment of vitamin D deficiency.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of vitamin D deficiency like bone malformation in children (rickets), bone weakness or fractures in adolts (osteomalacia)
- If you have an abnormal calcium, phosphorus or parathyroid hormone
- If you have risk factors for vitamin D deficiency like old age, limited sun exposure, obesity
- If you have undergone gastric bypass surgery
- As a part of vitamin profile or routine health check up
- Prior to starting drug treatment for osteoporosis
- No special preparation required
What Results of Vitamin D (25-OH) mean?
- Low level of vitamin D3 can be due to the following causes: if you are not taking a balanced diet, your intestines are not absorbing the vitamin properly, you are not exposed to enough sunlight
- High level may be due to excess supplementation from vitamin pills or other nutritional products
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).