NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
It is done to screen for and diagnose thyroid disorders. You should get this test done if you have symptoms of hyperthyroidism like weight loss, nervousness, tremors or hypothyroidism like weight gain, constipation, fatigue, cold intolerance. These days, this test is widely used for screening newborns. It can also help to diagnose and monitor infertility problems in women. If you are already taking anti thyroid medications, this test is helpful in monitoring thyroid replacement therapy. High TSH level is usually indicative of hypothyroidism while low levels usually indicate hyperthyroidism.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of low levels of thyroid hormone like weight gain, constipation, cold intolerance, fatigue
- If you have symptoms of high levels of thyroid hormone like weight loss, anxiety, palpitations, difficolty in sleeping
- To monitor the treatment if you are already diagnosed with thyroid disease
- Infertility work up
- Newborn screening - Since hypothyroidism has become such a common entity in females these days, that is why many institutes now recommend a mandatory neonatal screening
- No special preparation required
What Results of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone mean?
- If your TSH level is increased, it usually indicates that you have hypothyroidism. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is the most common cause of primary hypothyroidism.
- If your TSH level is decreased, it usually indicates hyperthyroidism. Grave’s disease, multi nodular goitre, toxic nodule are some of the common causes of hyperthyroidism.
- Whether high or low, an abnormal TSH indicates an excess or deficiency in the amount of thyroid hormone available to your body, but it does not indicate the reason why. So, additional tests like free T3 and T4 should be done to confirm the cause.
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).