NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Progesterone
This test is ordered during an infertility assessment of a women, to determine the specific time of ovulation, when symptoms like abdominal pain and spotting suggest an ectopic pregnancy. It can be periodically done during pregnancy to determine placenta and fetal health.
Why Get Tested
- If a woman is undergoing infertility screening or treatment
- If there are symptoms suggesting ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage like abdominal pain, bleeding
- If a woman is in a high-risk pregnancy to monitor placental and fetal health
- If there is abnormal uterine bleeding
- If there is a need to induce ovolation for infertility treatment
- To track ovolation
- No special preparation required
What Results of Progesterone mean?
- High progesterone levels may be seen in ovarian cysts, molar pregnancies, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, ovarian cancer
- Low progesterone levels may be caused by lacks of periods, miscarriage, death of baby inside the womb or ectopic pregnancy, decreased ovarian function
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).