NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Phosphorus, Serum
This test is usually ordered as a follow up to an abnormal calcium test, or when you have symptoms of abnormal calcium like fatigue, muscle weakness, bone pain. Sometimes, it can also be ordered when you have symptoms suggestive of gastrointestinal or kidney disorder. If you are taking calcium or phosphorus supplements, this test is ordered at regular intervals to monitor treatment effectiveness.
Why Get Tested
- It is usually ordered as a follow up to an abnormal calcium test or when symptoms of abnormal calcium like fatigue, bone pains, muscle weakness or cramping are present
- Phosphorus testing may be ordered along with other tests when symptoms suggest kidney or gastrointestinal disorders
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of Phosphorus, Serum mean?
- Low levels of phosphorus (hypophosphatemia) may be associated with hypercalcemia, malnutrition, alcoholism, diabetic ketoacidosis, hypothyroidism, rickets and osteomalacia
- High levels of phosphorus (hyperphosphatemia) can be due to kidney failure, liver disease, hypoparathyroidism
Patient Concerns about Phosphorus, Serum
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the good dietary sources of phosphorus?
The good dietary sources of phosphorus are meat, dairy products, lentils, beans, peanuts and almonds
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).