NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Lipid Profile
It includes the evaluation of your total cholesterol, high density lipoproteins (HDL), low density lipoproteins (LDL) and triglycerides. This test is basically used for the assessment of your risk of cardiovascular disease. You should get this test done every 4 to 6 years if you don’t have any other risk factors for heart disease; get it done yearly if you have risk factors for heart disease like high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes, low HDL cholesterol, and family history of heart disease.
Why Get Tested
- It is a part of complete health check up or package
- If you are already diagnosed with heart disease
- It shoold be done every six months if you have risk factors for heart diseases like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes, family history of heart disease
- Even if you don't have risk factors for heart disease, get this test done every four to six years
- The American Academy of Pediatrics also recommend that lipid profile must be done once between the ages of 9 to 11 years and again between 17 to 21 years of age
- It is done routinely to evaluate the effectiveness of lipid lowering medicines
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of Lipid Profile mean?
- In general, healthy lipid levels help to maintain a healthy heart and lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke
- High level of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides are associated with high risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Low levels of HDL cholesterol can lead to increased risk of heart diseases
Tests Included in Lipid Profile(5 tests)
- Cholesterol - HDL
- Cholesterol - LDL
- Very Low Density Lipoprotein
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).