NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Blood Grouping
This test determines your blood group. Your blood type is determined by what kind of antigens your red blood cells have on their surface. The ABO blood typing system groups your blood into one of the four categories: Type A has the A antigen, Type B has the B antigen, Type AB has both A and B antigens while type O has no antigens on the surface. Another factor called Rh is also present on the surface which determines whether blood group is Rh positive or negative.
Why Get Tested
- When you need blood transfusion which may be required in case of severe anemia, bleeding after surgery, excessive blood loss, bleeding disorders
- When you donate blood at a collection facility
- When you become a candidate for an organ, tissue or bone marrow transplant or when you wish to become a donor for transplantation
- During pregnancy to determine the risk of Rh incompatibility
- No special preparation required
What Results of Blood Grouping mean?
- Your blood group may be expressed as A+, B+, O+, AB+, A-, B-,AB- or O-. The positive or negative indicates whether your RBC’ s contain Rh antigen or not
- Results in pregnant women will determine whether she is Rh positive or negative. This will further help in determining the future course of treatment
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).