Overview of Dengue Antibody IgM
What is Dengue Antibody IgM?
This test identifies whether you are infected with dengue virus or not. The common symptoms of dengue infection are high fever, headaches, bone pains.
The sample type collected for Dengue Antibody IgM is: Blood
Preparation for Dengue Antibody IgM
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Dengue Antibody IgM?
- If you have signs or symptoms of dengue fever like sudden high fever, severe headaches or pain behind the eye, joint or bone pains, easy bruising or gum and nose bleeds
What Results of Dengue Antibody IgM mean?
- If the dengue IgG antibody test is positive, but the IgM is low or negative, it usually indicates that a person had an infection sometime in the past
- If the dengue IgG antibody test titre increase fourfold or greater between an initial sample and one taken 2 to 4 weeks later, then it is likely that a person has had a recent infection
- Positive IgG and IgM antibody tests indicate current infection with dengue virus
- Negative tests for IgM and/or IgG usually mean that the person tested does not have a dengue infection
Clinico Diagnostic Centre is committed towards a common goal of achieving total Patient Care and Confidence by delivering excellent diagnostic reports and clinical services. This committment and responsibility is practised and communicated by the Top Management through. Achieving the likelihood of desired health outcomes that are consistent with current professional knowledge.