Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of CA125
This test is used to monitor treatment for ovarian cancer or to detect recurrence; sometimes to evaluate a pelvic mass and it can also be ordered to help detect early ovarian cancer in those identified as being at high risk.
Why Get Tested
- If you have a pelvic mass and the doctor is suspecting ovarian cancer
- When you start treatment for ovarian cancer to monitor further therapy or detect recurrence
- Along with a transvaginal oltrasound, it may be ordered to monitor women who have a high risk for ovarian cancer but have no disease as yet
- No special preparation required
What Results of CA125 mean?
- When used during ovarian cancer therapy, if the level of CA 125 falls during therapy, it generally indicates that the cancer is responding to treatment. If it rises or stays the same, the cancer may not be responding. High CA 125 after completion of treatment may indicate that the cancer has come back
- In a women with a pelvic mass and in a women with high risk of developing ovarian cancer, a significantly elevated CA 125 is a concern but does not necessarily indicate ovarian cancer and should be confirmed by other tests
1MG labs (powered by Igenetic Diagnostics) offers highest quality diagnostic services at the convenience of your doorstep. We pride ourselves on three things 1) Assured Quality 2) Best Prices 3) Excellent Turn Around Time. We believe in providing the highest level of transparency to our customers. Our partner labs have accreditations like NABL and ISO, the gold standards of quality in diagnostics. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the best customer experience and continues strives to come up with solutions to remain in line with the needs of our customers.