Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Anti Mullerian Hormone
An AMH test may be ordered to evaluate your ovarian function, fertility issues, especially when considering assisted reproduction procedures such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). It is also ordered if you have signs and symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) like acne, absence of menstrual cycles, excessive body hair, weight gain etc. Rarely, it can also be ordered if your doctor wants to determine your likelihood of entering menopause.
Why Get Tested
- It is usually ordered in case of infertility work up, for evaluating your ovarian function
- If you are considering assisted reproductive techniques like in vitro fertilization
- If you have signs or symptoms suggestive of polycystic ovarian syndrome like absence of menstrual cycles, acne, excess face and body hair, weight gain
- Rarely, it is ordered in case of AMH producing ovarian tumors
- If an infant has ambiguous genitalia
- No special preparation required
What Results of Anti Mullerian Hormone mean?
- During a women's child bearing years, decreased levels of AMH may suggest low number and quality of eggs with diminished fertility
- Significant decrease in the level of AMH may signal the imminent onset of menopause
- Increased levels of AMH is mostly associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome
1MG labs (powered by Igenetic Diagnostics) offers highest quality diagnostic services at the convenience of your doorstep. We pride ourselves on three things 1) Assured Quality 2) Best Prices 3) Excellent Turn Around Time. We believe in providing the highest level of transparency to our customers. Our partner labs have accreditations like NABL and ISO, the gold standards of quality in diagnostics. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the best customer experience and continues strives to come up with solutions to remain in line with the needs of our customers.