What is Chromogranin A?
This blood test quantifies the amount of chromogranin (CgA) in the patient’s blood. The CgA is released from the neuroendocrine cells, which are found in glands. These cells can sometimes lead to a number of tumours which can be benign as well as malignant.
Why is Chromogranin A done?
- Chromogranin A is the first line test for diagnosing Carcinoid tumors
- For diagnosis of neuroendocrine tumors
- To assess disease progression
- To evaluate response to therapy
- To detect recurrence after surgical resection
Preparation for Chromogranin A
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Chromogranin A
The sample type collected for Chromogranin A is: Blood
1MG labs (powered by Igenetic Diagnostics) offers highest quality diagnostic services at the convenience of your doorstep. We pride ourselves on three things 1) Assured Quality 2) Best Prices 3) Excellent Turn Around Time. We believe in providing the highest level of transparency to our customers. Our partner labs have accreditations like NABL and ISO, the gold standards of quality in diagnostics. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the best customer experience and continues strives to come up with solutions to remain in line with the needs of our customers.