Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Anti Nuclear Antibody
The ANA test is ordered when you have signs and symptoms of systemic autoimmune diseases most commonly SLE. Some examples of the signs and symptoms include fever, rashes, joint pain, sensitivity to light, hair loss etc.
Why Get Tested
If you have signs or symptoms suggesting an autoimmune disorder like
- low grade fever
- bone or joint pains
- skin rashes
- sensitivity to light
- hair loss
- muscle pain
- No special preparation required
What Results of Anti Nuclear Antibody mean?
- A positive ANA test means autoantibodies are present and suggests the presence of an autoimmune disease
- The most common disease associated with a positive ANA test is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- This test may also be positive in Sjogren syndrome, drug induced lupus, scleroderma
- A negative ANA test usually means that the patient does not have SLE
- The results of this antibody should be correlated with other tests like clinical symptoms, other test findin
At Metropolis, the best pathology lab in India what we believe is what we say and what we say is what we do. Being empathetic to our customers and being committed to their needs is in our DNA. Metropolis has grown to harness a culture that is open, synergistic, progressive and scientific in nature. We are the Pathology Specialists delivering over 30 million tests a year, catering to more than 20,000 medical Laboratories, Hospitals, Nursing homes and 2,00,000 Consultants. With 37 years of experience in delivering accurate reports, Metropolis has earned the reputation of being amongst the top pathology labs in India.
Very Good Experience. I got my reports on the same day.. Thank you 1 MG for Superfast Service !! Keep it Up :-)
Good Job............Keep it up