NABL, NABH, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Vitamin D (25-OH)
This test is done when you have abnormal calcium, phosphorus or parathyroid hormone; when you have evidence of bone disease; when you have high risk of vitamin D deficiency; prior to starting drug treatment for osteoporosis; and periodically to monitor treatment of vitamin D deficiency.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of vitamin D deficiency like bone malformation in children (rickets), bone weakness or fractures in adolts (osteomalacia)
- If you have an abnormal calcium, phosphorus or parathyroid hormone
- If you have risk factors for vitamin D deficiency like old age, limited sun exposure, obesity
- If you have undergone gastric bypass surgery
- As a part of vitamin profile or routine health check up
- Prior to starting drug treatment for osteoporosis
- No special preparation required
What Results of Vitamin D (25-OH) mean?
- Low level of vitamin D3 can be due to the following causes: if you are not taking a balanced diet, your intestines are not absorbing the vitamin properly, you are not exposed to enough sunlight
- High level may be due to excess supplementation from vitamin pills or other nutritional products
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.