NABL, NABH, ISO
Overview of Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA
What is Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA?
This test is ordered if your doctor is suspecting that you are suffering from celiac disease or any kind of malabsorption. Symptoms of the celiac disease include chronic diarrhea, abdominal pain, greasy foul smelling stools, bloody stools, vomiting. Asymptomatic people may be tested if they have a close relative such as a parent or sibling with celiac disease.
The sample type collected for Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA is: Blood
Preparation for Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA?
- If you have signs or symptoms suggesting Celiac disease like abdominal pain, chronic diarrhea, fool smelling stools, vomiting, bloody stools. Other less common symptoms may be bone pains, easy bruising, iron deficiency anemia, weakness
- In children, this tests may be also be ordered if a child has short stature, delayed development, gastrointestinal symptoms
What Results of Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA mean?
- A positive anti tissue transglutaminase antibody IgA test usually indicates celiac disease
- A negative test usually means that symptoms are not likely due to celiac disease. If the person being tested has not consumed any gluten for several weeks or months prior to the test, then this test might be falsely negative
- All antibody tests for celiac disease are usually followed by a intestinal biopsy which is the gold standard for diagnosis of this condition
Patient Concerns about Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA
Frequently Asked Questions about Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody - IgA
Q. Does Celiac disease go away with time?
No, Celiac disease does not go away. Once you have been diagnosed, you will need to follow a gluten free diet for life.
Q. Can I have oats in my diet?
This is controversial since some practitioners say that oats should be avoided by those with celiac disease while others recommend having oats
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.