NABL, NABH, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
It is done to screen for and diagnose thyroid disorders. You should get this test done if you have symptoms of hyperthyroidism like weight loss, nervousness, tremors or hypothyroidism like weight gain, constipation, fatigue, cold intolerance. These days, this test is widely used for screening newborns. It can also help to diagnose and monitor infertility problems in women. If you are already taking anti thyroid medications, this test is helpful in monitoring thyroid replacement therapy. High TSH level is usually indicative of hypothyroidism while low levels usually indicate hyperthyroidism.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of low levels of thyroid hormone like weight gain, constipation, cold intolerance, fatigue
- If you have symptoms of high levels of thyroid hormone like weight loss, anxiety, palpitations, difficolty in sleeping
- To monitor the treatment if you are already diagnosed with thyroid disease
- Infertility work up
- Newborn screening - Since hypothyroidism has become such a common entity in females these days, that is why many institutes now recommend a mandatory neonatal screening
- No special preparation required
What Results of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone mean?
- If your TSH level is increased, it usually indicates that you have hypothyroidism. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is the most common cause of primary hypothyroidism.
- If your TSH level is decreased, it usually indicates hyperthyroidism. Grave’s disease, multi nodular goitre, toxic nodule are some of the common causes of hyperthyroidism.
- Whether high or low, an abnormal TSH indicates an excess or deficiency in the amount of thyroid hormone available to your body, but it does not indicate the reason why. So, additional tests like free T3 and T4 should be done to confirm the cause.
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.