NABL, NABH, ISO
Overview of HLA B-27, Flowcytometry
What is HLA B-27, Flowcytometry?
This is a marker which is used to evaluate if you are suffering from certain auto immune disorders like ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis or anterior uveitis.
Why is HLA B-27, Flowcytometry done?
- If you have acute or chronic pain and inflammation in the spine, neck, chest, eyes or joints and the doctor is suspecting an autoimmune disorder
- If you have recurrent uveitis
- If your doctor is suspecting that you are suffering from ankylosing spondylitis
Preparation for HLA B-27, Flowcytometry
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for HLA B-27, Flowcytometry
The sample type collected for HLA B-27, Flowcytometry is: Blood
Interpreting HLA B-27, Flowcytometry results
- Positive HLA B27 test along with features of chronic pain, inflammation, changes in bones as seen on X ray usually supports a diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis or another auto immune disorder
- Negative HLA B27 test does not necessarily mean that you are not suffering from the suspected auto immune disorder since this marker is not positive in all patients
- The results of HLA B27 should always be correlated with patient’s history and radiologic findings
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.