Overview of Creatinine Clearence Test
What is Creatinine Clearence Test?
Why is Creatinine Clearence Test done?
- To help in diagnosis of kidney disease and dysfunction
- To diagnose a condition upon appearance of symptoms like swelling in the face and around eyes, lower back pain in the region where kidneys are located, decreased urine production, painful urination, appearance of blood in the urine, foamy urine, etc.
- To diagnose a condition when abnormal results appear in a blood creatinine test or estimated glomerular filtration rate test
- To diagnose a condition if there is a chronic condition affecting blood flow to the kidneys like heart congestion, hypertension, etc.
Preparation for Creatinine Clearence Test
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Creatinine Clearence Test
Interpreting Creatinine Clearence Test results
Low creatinine clearance indicates decreased kidney function which could be due to pathogenic infections, autoimmune diseases, kidney stones, or conditions causing decreased blood flow to kidneys like congestive heart failure, long-standing hypertension (high blood pressure) or diabetes.
Tests Included in Creatinine Clearence Test(2 tests)