NABL, NABH, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Creatinine
It is done to evaluate the health of your kidneys. It can be done as a part of basic metabolic panel or when you have signs or symptoms suggestive of kidney disease like swelling of face, ankle, lower back pain, changes in urine output etc. It should also be done to monitor the treatment if you are already diagnosed with a kidney disease. It is also ordered if you have diseases which can affect the kidney like diabetes etc.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of routine health check up or basic metabolic panel
- As a part of kidney function test
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney disease like swelling or puffiness around the eyes, face, wrists etc, poor appetite, change in urinary frequency, bloody urine, mid back pain or high blood pressure
- If you already have a kidney disease, this test is regolarly done to assess the function of your kidneys and plan further management
- No special preparation required
What Results of Creatinine mean?
- Increased creatinine levels in blood suggest kidney disease or other disorders which may affect kidney function. These include: damage to the blood vessels in kidney (glomerulonephritis), bacterial infection of kidney (pyelonephritis), acute tubular necrosis, kidney stones or rarely congestive heart failure, dehydration etc
- Low levels of creatinine are not usually seen and is not a cause for concern
Patient Concerns about Creatinine
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does exercise affect my creatinine levels?
Moderate exercise does not usually affect the creatinine levels. As you continue exercising, more muscle mass is built which may affect the levels temporarily.
Q. Does diet affect the levels of creatinine?
Some studies suggest that eating cooked meat prior to the test may increase the levels.
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.