NABL, NABH, ISO
Overview of Cholesterol - Total
What is Cholesterol - Total?
This test screens your risk of developing heart disease. Get your blood cholesterol tested every five years as a part of preventive health check up. If you have any risk factors for heart disease like smoking, hypertension, family history, diabetes mellitus, then get it done more frequently. You should also get this test done, if you are on lipid lowering medicines.
The sample type collected for Cholesterol - Total is: Blood
Preparation for Cholesterol - Total
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
Why Get Tested for Cholesterol - Total?
- As a part of lipid profile or routine health check up
- If you are already a diagnosed case of heart disease
- If you have risk factors for heart disease like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes mellitus or a family history of heart disease
- If you are taking cholesterol lowering medicines
- Ideally, adolts shoold get this test done for screening purposes once every five years
What Results of Cholesterol - Total mean?
- Cholesterol level below 200mg/dl is considered desirable and reflects low risk of heart disease
- Level between 200-239mg/dl is borderline high and usually signifies moderate risk of heart disease
- Level greater than 240mg/dl is called high and indicates high risk of heart disease
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.