NABL, NABH, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Chloride
The blood chloride test is usually ordered as part of basic metabolic panel, which is ordered frequently as part of a routine physical. It may be ordered when acidosis or alkalosis is suspected or you have an acute condition with symptoms that may include the following like prolonged vomiting and/or diarrhea, weakness, fatigue, respiratory distress. It can also be ordered if you are taking a medicine that can cause electrolyte imbalance. Metabolic panel is ordered to monitor certain problems including high blood pressure, heart failure, or kidney disease.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of basic metabolic panel or an electrolyte panel
- In cases of suspected acidosis or alkalosis
- If you have an acute condition with symptoms like weakness, fatigue, prolonged vomiting, difficolty in breathing
- To monitor certain problems like high blood pressure, heart failure, liver or kidney disease
- No special preparation required
What Results of Chloride mean?
- Increased level of blood chloride may be seen in dehydration but can also occur with other problems that cause high sodium like Cushing's syndrome or kidney disease
- Decreased level of blood chloride may be seen with conditions causing low sodium levels like congestive heart failure, prolonged vomiting, emphysema, lung diseases
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.