NABL, NABH, ISO
Overview of CEA
What is CEA?
Your doctor may order a CEA test when you have been diagnosed with colon cancer or other cancers like pancreas, breast, lung, ovarian, medullary thyroid prior to starting cancer treatment and then, if elevated, at regular intervals during and after therapy to detect recurrence. Sometimes, this test is also ordered when cancer is suspected but not confirmed – to aid in its detection.
Why is CEA done?
- If you have been diagnosed with colon cancer or other specific types of cancer. It shoold be measured before therapy is initiated and then or regolar basis to evaluate the success of treatment and to detect recurrence
- In cases of suspected colon cancer or lung cancer, it can be used sometimes to diagnose these conditions
Preparation for CEA
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for CEA
The sample type collected for Carcino Embryonic Antigen is: Blood
Interpreting CEA results
- When CEA levels are initially elevated and then decrease to normal after therapy, it means that the cancer has been successfully treated. A rising CEA level is often the first sign of tumor recurrence
- Smaller or early stage tumors are associated with normal or only slightly elevated CEA. Larger tumors have high CEA levels
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.