NABL, NABH, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Blood Grouping
This test determines your blood group. Your blood type is determined by what kind of antigens your red blood cells have on their surface. The ABO blood typing system groups your blood into one of the four categories: Type A has the A antigen, Type B has the B antigen, Type AB has both A and B antigens while type O has no antigens on the surface. Another factor called Rh is also present on the surface which determines whether blood group is Rh positive or negative.
Why Get Tested
- When you need blood transfusion which may be required in case of severe anemia, bleeding after surgery, excessive blood loss, bleeding disorders
- When you donate blood at a collection facility
- When you become a candidate for an organ, tissue or bone marrow transplant or when you wish to become a donor for transplantation
- During pregnancy to determine the risk of Rh incompatibility
- No special preparation required
What Results of Blood Grouping mean?
- Your blood group may be expressed as A+, B+, O+, AB+, A-, B-,AB- or O-. The positive or negative indicates whether your RBC’ s contain Rh antigen or not
- Results in pregnant women will determine whether she is Rh positive or negative. This will further help in determining the future course of treatment
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.