NABL, NABH, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Anti Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide Antibody
A CCP antibody test is primarily ordered along with a Rheumatoid factor test when someone has signs and symptoms that may be due to previously undiagnosed inflammatory arthritis or has been diagnosed with undifferentiated arthritis. It may be ordered as a follow-up test to a negative Rheumatoid factor test when clinical signs and symptoms lead a health practitioner to suspect Rheumatoid arthritis. RA usually affects multiple joints symmetrically. Signs and symptoms may include painful, warm, swollen joints of the hands and wrists most commonly, pain sometimes affecting elbows, neck, shoulders, hips, knees, and/or feet, stiffness of affected joints in the morning that improves during the course of the day, fatigue, development of nodules under the skin, especially at the elbows.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs and symptoms suggestive of rheumatoid arthritis like painfol,warm, swollen joints most frequently of the hands and wrists, stiffness in the affected joints, fever, development of nodoles under the skin, fatigue
- It may be ordered as a follow up test if the rheumatoid factor test is negative and the clinician has a strong suspicion of Rheumatoid arthritis
- No special preparation required
What Results of Anti Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide Antibody mean?
- If the signs and symptoms are suggestive of rheumatoid arthritis and the patient's anti cyclic citrullinated antibody along with rheumatoid factor are positive, it strongly suggests rheumatoid arthritis. These patient's may develop a more rapidly progressive and severe form of the disease
- If anti CCP antibody level is negative but Rheumatoid factor is positive, then clinical signs and symptoms are more important in making a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis
- If both anti CCP antibody and rheumatoid factor are negative, then it is unlikely that a person has rheumatoid arthritis
- It is very important to note that rheumatoid arthritis is a clinical diagnosis and may be made in the absence of positive tests for autoantibodies
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.