NABL, NABH, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Absolute Eosinophil Count
Absolute eosinophil count is increased in allergic or atopic disease, infectious disorders (including parasites), medications, immunologic reactions, skin disorders, pulmonary syndromes, rheumatologic diseases, myeloproliferative neoplasms, and secondary to other malignancies.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms that suggest an allergy to one or more substances. Signs and symptoms may include red itchy eyes, coughing, nasal congestion, asthma, dermatitis or abdominal pain
- It is also ordered routinely in parasitic infections
- Early stages of Cushing’s disease
- No special preparation required
What Results of Absolute Eosinophil Count mean?
- A normal blood sample has less than 350 eosinophil cells/microlitre of blood
- High absolute eosinophil count is usually associated with allergic diseases or infections from worms. Some common diseases are asthma, hay fever, eczema
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.