Glucose - Postprandial Urine
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Glucose - Postprandial Urine?
This test is usually ordered to assess the presence of diabetes in a patient or for monitoring patients who are on anti diabetic medicines to see the response to treatment.
Why is Glucose - Postprandial Urine done?
- If you have signs or symptoms of diabetes like excessive thirst, excessive hunger, excessive urine frequency, weight loss
- To monitor the glucose levels in diabetics for assessing kidney damage
- To assess effect of treatment in diabetics
Interpreting Glucose - Postprandial Urine results
- The presence of glucose in urine is usually suggestive of diabetes
- The absence of glucose in urine usually means no diabetes