Glucose - Fasting Urine
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Glucose - Fasting Urine?
A urine glucose test measures the amount of glucose in your urine. This test is used to diagnose diabetes as a part of routine urine examination. It can also be used to monitor your blood sugar level if you are a known diabetic.
Why is Glucose - Fasting Urine done?
- To monitor glucose or sugar levels if you are a diabetic
- To assess your kidney function if you have diabetes
- To diagnose diabetes, or gestational diabetes in pregnant women, as initial screening
Interpreting Glucose - Fasting Urine results
- High levels of glucose in the blood usually indicate diabetes. High levels can also be seen in pregnant women if they are suffering from gestational diabetes.
- However, high levels can also be seen with certain medicines like estrogen.