Overview of RBG
What is RBG?
A random blood sugar test involves drawing blood at any given time, no matter when you last ate. This test is used when you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased, appetite, increased thirst, increased urination or symptoms of low blood glucose like sweating, hunger, anxiety. It can also be used if you are pregnant or you have risk factors for diabetes like smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidemia.
Why is RBG done?
- As a part of routine preventive health check up
- If you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, blurring of vision
- If you have risk factors for diabetes like high blood pressure, cardiovascolar disease, high cholesterol, obesity or family history of diabetes
- If you are pregnant
- If you are already a diabetic
Preparation for RBG
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for RBG
The sample type collected for Glucose - Random Blood is: Blood
Interpreting RBG results
- The American Diabetic Association and WHO says that if your random blood glucose is greater than equal to 200 mg/dl, you have diabetes
- If the levels is between 140-200mg/dl, you are at increased risk of developing diabetes (Pre diabetic).
About Metropolis LaboratoriesAt Metropolis, the best pathology lab in India what we believe is what we say and what we say is what we do. Being empathetic to our customers and being committed to their needs is in our DNA. Metropolis has grown to harness a culture that is open, synergistic, progressive and scientific in nature. We are the Pathology Specialists delivering over 30 million tests a year, catering to more than 20,000 medical Laboratories, Hospitals, Nursing homes and 2,00,000 Consultants. With 37 years of experience in delivering accurate reports, Metropolis has earned the reputation of being amongst the top pathology labs in India.
User Reviews about Glucose - Random Blood
Very Good Experience. I got my reports on the same day.. Thank you 1 MG for Superfast Service !! Keep it Up :-)
Good Job............Keep it up