MRI Lumbar Plexus
This test is for
What is MRI Lumbar Plexus?
An MRI lumbar plexus creates picture of the junction/network of nerves (provides nerves connection to knee, thigh, abdomen, calves, back and groin) and its surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Why is MRI Lumbar Plexus done?
- To diagnose the cancer growth which can destroy the lumbar plexus
- To detect neuralgic amyotrophy (sudden malfunction of the brachial plexus due to swelling)
- To find out carcinomatous neuropathy which is congenital or by birth defects
- To detect pain, numbeness, paralysis in the lower back and leg
- To investigate femoral neuropathy (damaged peripheral nerve of femur) due to trauma (accident) or abdominal surgery
Victoria MRI Centre wishes you best of health and spirits.We are one of the leading MRI diagnostic imaging centre in Kolkata, India.We are located in the heart of the city nestled in Park Neurosciences centre ,near Minto park. We at Victoria MRI Centre provide access to state- of –the art affordable MRI solutions for patients. Our main focus is to provide high quality MRI imaging in a comfortable environment.We are committed to efficiency and utmost compassion in these times of rapidly changing...