MRI Dorsal Spine With Contrast
This test is for
What is MRI Dorsal Spine With Contrast?
An MRI dorsal spine is used to visualise the twelve thoracic vertebrae (T1-T12) (middle part of the back bone) and its surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radio-contrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images of the internal body structures in the MRI scan.
Why is MRI Dorsal Spine With Contrast done?
- To find the cause of the back pain that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the spinal bones (vertebrae)
- To diagnose any suspected tumors (abnormal growth), arthritis, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) or infections of the spine
- To detect suspected disc problems like spondylolisthesis (dislocation or slipping of one vertebra over the other) or degeneration of the disc
- To look for any abnormalities in the curvature of the spine like lordosis (excessive inward curve of spine), kyphosis (excessive outward curve of spine also known as hunch back), scoliosis (side to side abnormal curvature) or birth defects
Victoria MRI Centre wishes you best of health and spirits.We are one of the leading MRI diagnostic imaging centre in Kolkata, India.We are located in the heart of the city nestled in Park Neurosciences centre ,near Minto park. We at Victoria MRI Centre provide access to state- of –the art affordable MRI solutions for patients. Our main focus is to provide high quality MRI imaging in a comfortable environment.We are committed to efficiency and utmost compassion in these times of rapidly changing...