Rapid Plasma Reagin
You need to provide
This test is for
What is RPR/ VDRL?
- If you have symptoms or signs of syphillis infection like chancre on genitals or throat
- If you are pregnant
- If you are being treated for another sexually transmitted disease like gonorrhea
- If you have HIV infection
- If you have one or more partners who have tested positive for syphillis
Why is RPR/ VDRL done?
- A negative blood test means that you are most likely not suffering from syphillis infection. But, it only means that there is no evidence of disease at the time of the test. Antibodies may not appear several weeks after exposure to the bacteria. Therefore, repeat testing at a later date is advised.
- A positive test means you are most likely suffering form syphillis. It shoold be followed by a specific treponemal (syphillis) antibody test like FTA-ABS. A positive resolt on the second method confirms the previous resolt and that you are infected with syphillis.
RB is your one-stop medical solution provider. We are an NABL accredited pathology with a state-of-the-art radiology setup including MRI and CT Scan unit. We also have polyclinics, pharmacy, physiotherapy units, fertility clinic and diabetic clinic under our umbrella. We have partnered with Roche and BioRAD to provide 100% computerized pathology with error-free setup. Our MRI imaging and CT scan setup provides highest level of service to our patients in a relaxed, caring, and supportive...