Insulin Like Growth Factor 1
You need to provide
This test is for
What is IGF-I?
The Insulin like Growth Factor 1 or IGF 1 test is usually performed to diagnose a deficiency of Growth Hormone, and in some cases, to diagnose an excess. It is also used to assess the functioning of the pituitary gland, as well as to monitor the efficacy of recombinant growth hormone therapy.
Why is IGF-I done?
- To help diagnose growth hormone (GH) deficiency, when symptoms of growth deficiency and delayed development appear in children
- To help diagnose the conditions in children showing symptoms of gigantism and in adults showing symptoms of acromegaly
- To monitor treatment by growth hormone therapy
- To evaluate pituitary function
- When signs of reduced bone density and muscle strength appear in adults
RB is your one-stop medical solution provider. We are an NABL accredited pathology with a state-of-the-art radiology setup including MRI and CT Scan unit. We also have polyclinics, pharmacy, physiotherapy units, fertility clinic and diabetic clinic under our umbrella. We have partnered with Roche and BioRAD to provide 100% computerized pathology with error-free setup. Our MRI imaging and CT scan setup provides highest level of service to our patients in a relaxed, caring, and supportive...