MRI Whole Abdomen With Contrast
This test is for
What is MRI Whole Abdomen With Contrast?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the abdomen is used to visualise the organs of the abdomen which includes the stomach, intestine, gall bladder, base of the lungs, liver and spleen. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radio-contrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images.
Why is MRI Whole Abdomen With Contrast done?
- To look for the presence of any suspected mass or enlargement of the stomach, kidney, liver, pancreas or spleen
- To further evaluate any abnormal finding in the liver function tests or kidney function tests
- To diagnose the cause of any abdominal pain or swelling
- To diagnose the presence of abdominal aortic aneurysm (enlargement of the aorta in the abdominal area) or to look for any signs of calcification in the aorta
- To evaluate the diseases of the kidney for eg: any infection or swelling (hydronephrosis), kidney stones or tumors
- To evaluate the diseases of the liver, for eg: infections, fatty liver, cirrhosis
- To look for suspected bile duct obstruction, diseases of the gall stone or presence of gall stones
- To detect the presence of any suspected tumors (abnormal growth) in liver, kidney, spleen or other abdominal organs
- To look for enlarged lymph nodes in the abdomen
The Apollo Clinic Salt Lake is situated at the City Centre Mall, which is located conveniently.Apollo Clinic Salt Lake is a perfect blend of functionality and elegance and is unlike any other clinic of its type. It’s luxurious interiors and ambience is a soothing contrast to the unfriendly and cramped setups people expect from primary healthcare setups. Highly efficient processes and well-trained staff ensure comfort for any customer right from the moment they walk in.\r\nApollo Clinic Salt...