MRI Dorsolumbar Spine
This test is for
What is MRI Dorsolumbar Spine?
An MRI dorso lumbar spine with contrast creates picture of the lower thoracic and upper lumbar vertebral region of the back and its surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radio-contrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images.
Why is MRI Dorsolumbar Spine done?
- To find the cause of the lower back pain that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the spinal bones (vertebrae)
- To diagnose any suspected tumors (abnormal growth), arthritis, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) or infections of the spine
- To detect suspected disc problems like spondylolisthesis (dislocation or slipping of one vertebra over the other), degeneration of the disc or herniated disc
- To look for any abnormalities in the curvature of the spine like lordosis (excessive inward curve of spine), kyphosis (excessive outward curve of spine also known as hunch back), scoliosis (side to side abnormal curvature) or birth defects
The Apollo Clinic Salt Lake is situated at the City Centre Mall, which is located conveniently.Apollo Clinic Salt Lake is a perfect blend of functionality and elegance and is unlike any other clinic of its type. It’s luxurious interiors and ambience is a soothing contrast to the unfriendly and cramped setups people expect from primary healthcare setups. Highly efficient processes and well-trained staff ensure comfort for any customer right from the moment they walk in.\r\nApollo Clinic Salt...