Rapid Plasma Reagin
You need to provide
This test is for
What is RPR/ VDRL?
- If you have symptoms or signs of syphillis infection like chancre on genitals or throat
- If you are pregnant
- If you are being treated for another sexually transmitted disease like gonorrhea
- If you have HIV infection
- If you have one or more partners who have tested positive for syphillis
Why is RPR/ VDRL done?
- A negative blood test means that you are most likely not suffering from syphillis infection. But, it only means that there is no evidence of disease at the time of the test. Antibodies may not appear several weeks after exposure to the bacteria. Therefore, repeat testing at a later date is advised.
- A positive test means you are most likely suffering form syphillis. It shoold be followed by a specific treponemal (syphillis) antibody test like FTA-ABS. A positive resolt on the second method confirms the previous resolt and that you are infected with syphillis.
For over a hundred years, human pathology has been one of the keystones of medicine and rightly so at SRL, we offer our patients world-class Pathology services because their well-being is of the utmost importance to us. Pathology is quite simply the scientific study of the overall response of your body to any foreign influence, i.e., disease. Actually, we use this knowledge to diagnose & subsequently treat your ailment. What we basically do is carefully compare the normal structure and function...