Overview of Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes
What is Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes?
This test is mostly ordered as a part of liver function tests; when you have symptoms of a liver disorder like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice, itching or bone disease like bone pains.
The sample type collected for Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes is: Blood
Preparation for Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes?
- As a part of liver function test
- If you have signs or symptoms of a liver disorder like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, abdominal pain, jaundice, itching
- If you have signs or symptoms of bone disease like bone pain, increased frequency of fractures
What Results of Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes mean?
- High Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) usually indicates either the liver has been damaged or there is bone disease
- Greatly increased ALP level may be associated with blockage of bile ducts as in gall stones or cancer and in Paget's disease of bones
- Moderately elevated level can be seen in liver diseases like hepatitis, cirrhosis and in other conditions like ulcerative colitis, congestive heart failure, Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Low levels of ALP may be seen temporarily in blood transfusion or heart bypass surgery
At Metropolis, the best pathology lab in India what we believe is what we say and what we say is what we do. Being empathetic to our customers and being committed to their needs is in our DNA. Metropolis has grown to harness a culture that is open, synergistic, progressive and scientific in nature. We are the Pathology Specialists delivering over 30 million tests a year, catering to more than 20,000 medical Laboratories, Hospitals, Nursing homes and 2,00,000 Consultants. With 37 years of experience in delivering accurate reports, Metropolis has earned the reputation of being amongst the top pathology labs in India.