Rubella Virus - IgG
German Measles - IgG
Overview of Rubella Virus - IgG
What is Rubella Virus - IgG?
The IgG Rubella test is ordered if you are pregnant and have signs or symptoms which may indicate rubella infection like fever, rashes, inflamed eyes, aching joints etc. It may be ordered when a new born is born with birth defects such as hearing loss, heart defects or cataracts.
Why is Rubella Virus - IgG done?
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- When a pregnant women has signs and symptoms suggestive of rubella infection like mild fever, rash on the face and body, stuffy nose, red eyes, aching joints, swollen lymph nodes
- It is ordered in a newborn when mother was diagnosed with rubella infection during pregnancy
Preparation for Rubella Virus - IgG
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Rubella Virus - IgG
The sample type collected for Rubella Virus - IgG is: Blood
Interpreting Rubella Virus - IgG results
- Positive Rubella IgG in adults usually indicates prior infection or vaccination with the virus
- Positive IgG in a newborn usually signifies that mother has passed the antibodies to baby during pregnancy
- Negative Rubella IgG along with IgM means no current or prior infection with the virus
Established in 1995, Lifecare is the country's premier full-service diagnostic center with laboratory, providing expertise in imaging and digital pathology services. Our integrated diagnostic services help doctors personalize patient care to optimally treat disease and maintain health and wellness. We are committed to providing only the highest level of testing quality and service and working with you to provide unique solutions to your most challenging needs. A highly skilled team of medical professionals including physicians, scientists, medical technologists, medical technicians, lab assistants, biologists, chemists, microbiologists, geneticists, and other specialists work collaboratively. The department receives specimens for testing from patients and collection centers and is a reference laboratory for other clinics and hospitals both nationally and internationally. Lifecare's mission is to support the local delivery of laboratory services through the provision of exceptional reference laboratory services and by providing support services that facilitate and augment community integration efforts. We ensure Quality control programs that exceed industry guidelines for every patient sample. Proactive internal quality control team consisting of pathologists and laboratory personnel ensuring consistency and accuracy of specimen processing and diagnosis Our staff recognizes that specimens are patients, not just accession numbers in our lab. They are dedicated to combining the newest technologies, expertise, and quality in every sample they process.