Overview of Creatinine Kinase
What is Creatinine Kinase?
A CK test may be ordered whenever muscle damage is suspected and at regular intervals to monitor for continued damage. It may be ordered when you have experienced physical trauma, such as crushing injuries or extensive burns or when you have symptoms associated with muscle injury such as muscle pain or weakness. Sometimes it may be ordered when a person has chest pain and a heart attack is suspected.
The sample type collected for Creatinine Kinase is: Blood
Preparation for Creatinine Kinase
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Creatinine Kinase?
- If you have symptoms of muscle injuries like muscle pain, weakness
- If you have experienced physical trauma like extensive burns, crush injuries
- If you are taking any drugs which can damage the muscles
- If you have chest pain and heart attack is suspected
What Results of Creatinine Kinase mean?
- A high Creatinine Kinase (CK) generally indicates that their has been recent muscle damage but does not indicate it's exact cause and location. Serial test results that peak and then begin to drop indicate that new muscle damage has diminished, while increasing or persistent elevations suggest continued damage
- Chest pain and increased CK levels indicate that it is likely that a person has recently had a heart attack
- Moderately increased levels may be seen after strenuous exercise, weight lifting
- Normal Ck levels indicate that their has been no muscle damage
General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is a medical technology company and provider of high-end Preventive Screening and Diagnostic tests with a special focus on metabolomics. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd is also a Technology Solution Provider to laboratories world-wide offering services based on high end chromatographic instruments. Since its inception about a decade ago, General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has been continually evolving, transforming and thriving in this ever changing field through its innovations, operational efficiency, and creation of breakthrough solutions. General Diagnostics Pvt Ltd has to its credit the world's most comprehensive genetic metabolic screening test, in addition to several other preventive tests which help address health conditions like diabetes, weight problems, food intolerances, allergies and dysbiosis.