NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of TLC
What is TLC?
This test is ordered as a part of CBC, which may be performed when an individual undergoes a routine health examination. It is also commonly ordered when you have signs and symptoms of infection like fever, body aches, headache. Sometimes, it may be ordered when a particular therapy known to affect the WBC’s such as radiation or chemotherapy is started.
Why is TLC done?
- As a part of complete blood count or routine health check up
- If you have signs or symptoms of infections or inflammation like fever, chills, body aches, headache
- If your doctor is suspecting an autoimmune disorder
- It is also ordered periodically to monitor the effectiveness of treatment after radiation therapy or chemotherapy
Preparation for TLC
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for TLC
The sample type collected for Total Leucocyte Count is: Blood
Interpreting TLC results
- High TLC also called leucocytosis may be seen in a large number of conditions like infections usually bacterial or viral, inflammatory disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, leukemia and conditions that result in tissue death like trauma, burns etc
- Low TLC also called leucopenia can be seen in vitamin B12 deficiency, bone marrow damage with drugs, radiation, disease of immune system like HIV
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).